- #GivingTuesday: Tuesday, 2 December 2014 – a global day dedicated to giving back
- (starting the morning of #GivingTuesday in New Zealand, moving across the globe, to end the evening of 2 Dec. in the USA)
- Online at http://just.ly/million4wishes
- Make-A-Wish have partnered with JustGiving for #GivingTuesday on 2nd December to launch an exciting new global campaign, #Million4Wishes
- We want to raise $1million in a single day – an amount that will make a profound impact on the lives of seriously ill kids, their families and communities involved worldwide
- Donations on #GivingTuesday via http://just.ly/million4wishes, will help us do just that – and will impact children and families in your local community – forever
- Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children and young people fighting life-threatening medical conditions. It’s our passion. And we’re dedicated to the 24,000 wish children whose wishes we grant each year around the world – and for good reason. Health professionals and wish families have said that a wish experience can have a huge impact on a child’s fight against their illness.
- We know that a wish is a vital part of treatment, helping wish children feel better, and sometimes even get better. But we can’t grant wishes without the support of thousands of supporters and people just like you.
- Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Make-A-Wish is the world’s largest wish-granting organization, serving children in nearly 50 countries on five continents. With the help of generous donors and more than 32,000 volunteers worldwide, Make-A-Wish grants a wish every 22 minutes, on average, somewhere in the world. Since 1980, it has granted more than 334,000 wishes to children around the world.
Join the global network of Make-A-Wish supporters by making a donation at http://just.ly/million4wishes and spreading the word on 2 December via #Million4Wishes on social media to raise awareness and vital funds to help bring more life-changing experiences to children and families worldwide. Help us reach our #GivingTuesday goal –to raise US$1,000,000 to help more wishes a reality for courageous children around the globe!
Sioban Kerr – Director, Brand Marketing and Communications | Make-A-Wish International
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: +44 (0)74289 74282
Images and assets available upon request.