Careers and Internships
As an Executive Assistant at Make-A-Wish International you will hold a high profile position that requires a high level of professionalism, organization, and confidentiality. Working for this amazing non-profit will give this lucky employee the ability to work with meaning. Unlike the majority of the population, you may love going into work every day!
The Executive Assistant to provide direct support to the CEO as well as assist as a board liaison. This position will be responsible for supporting and leading projects, executing public and private events, as well as a wide variety of clerical and organizational activities.
Principal Executive Assistant and Office Manager Responsibilities:
• Provide executive and administrative support to the CEO and other C-level executives as needed
• Manage travel, email, expense reports and calendar for CEO
• Create meetings for CEO using Outlook and Zoom
• Create agendas for Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings and Staff meetings
• Manage scheduling and coordination of rotation of facilitators for SLT and Staff meetings
• Coordinate team building meetings and activities
• Keep Organizational Chart up-to-date using Smart Draw
• Obtain Visas as required for staff
• Place office supply orders as needed
• Conference room coordination, manage calendar invites, signage and general clean up
• Order lunches for meetings as needed
• Act as back up admin for TrakStar (review writing and performance management tool)
• Act as a liaison with a prestigious board, support their requests in a professional and timely fashion.
• This role will include a variety of projects from conception to finalization, which will require many hats to be worn.
Principal Board Responsibilities:
• 5 year calendar planning and meeting scheduling
• Send reminders to all meeting attendees
• Organize and coordinate all meeting materials
• Manage administrative aspects of board meetings, including but not limited to booking hotel accommodations
• Be present for all board meetings, taking meticulous meeting minutes and notes.
• Ensure all correct Board Member contact info is in CEO contacts
• Register all Board Members for conferences
• Keep schedules updated for conferences
• Work with Affiliate Relations on any meeting changes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ years of prior Executive Assistant experience
• Due to the demands of the role, a seasoned, result-driven and proactive thinker is required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in the weeds yet think big picture and anticipate needs and changes
• Outstanding writing, presentation, communication and organizational skills
• Proficient computer skills, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
• Detail-oriented work ethic with great proof reading and editing abilities
• Strong ability to maintain accurate, updated records, expense reports, files, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
• Sound judgment and discretion when handling confidential information
• Gracefulness and ability to handle tasks and assignments with tact and precision.
• BA/BS preferred
• Passport required (within 30-60 days of employment)
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Expected Hours of Work/Travel:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. International travel is required and expected.
We promote diversity in employment and are an equal opportunity employer (E/O/E). All applicants who meet the essential job requirements will be considered.